Wednesday 20 March 2013

The 10 Essentials for Hiking

I thought I would start this blog about one of my passions....Hiking. I hike between 40 and 50 miles a week, usually in 2 or 3 day trips. The most important part about taking a hiking trip is to be prepared!

Fitness apart, the equipment you use could save your life. You may think I'm being a little dramatic by making this blog to cover these 10 essentials for hiking, but do not underestimate anything when pitting yourself against Mother Nature and human oversight.

I will soon go into the details of each of the 10 essentials for hiking in other posts, but for now, just be aware that your NEED this equipment on EVERY hike.

Accidents do happen, they're not supposed to...that's why they're a surprise when they happen, but at least being prepared will help lessen the impact an accident can have when you're away in the wilderness.

Not only accidents, but comfort and well being are things to take into consideration as well as a bucket load of common sense!

That's it for now, I will start posting the 10 essentials for hiking soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment